Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Whoops.

Sorry, friends, if you have been wondering what I have been up to this past month. The answer is: not much...which is why I haven't been writing much. I keep getting frustrated with the lack of progress/the months of time that must be put in before an neophyte agent actually starts making any money in the insurance business. In case you were wondering, it takes a while. I wouldn't recommend just up and quitting your job in order to start selling insurance if it is something that you have never done. I have actually started to apply for some measly part-time jobs just so I can have some "for sure" income every month. Let me give you an example of how incredibly frustrating this business can be as a brand-new-to-the-industry agent: Last Tuesday we had a "Phone Bowl" where agents spend the majority of the day calling "leads" on the phone. I made probably over 80 calls, actually got to speak to about 20-30 people, and made 2 appointments. Ugh. I keep trying to look to the future, knowing that I can make a decent chunk of change if I just stick with it for this first year and a half or so. Keep on truckin'!

In other news, Dusty and I went to Kansas this past weekend for his brothers wedding. I absolutely love going to weddings where you can visibly see how much the couple truly loves one another. I've been to a couple weddings where I have seriously made bets with other friends how long the marriage was going to last. Just in case you were wondering, I am usually right. Anyway, here are some pics from the wedding day:

Matt & Amy's first kiss as newlyweds!


Me + Taylors


I'll try to update more...and stop being so whiney! Thanks for being my friends, even though I've been a crybaby lately.

1 comment:

kate sweeten said...

Her dress is cute...I love wedding pictures. It's better than porn.

I know that the cold calling can be frustrating. I used to have to do 15-20 cold calls a day when I was working in sales and I HATED it. I would end up scoring maybe one meeting a day and the rest of the day would be spent getting yelled at or hung up on. Stick with it...it'll pay off in the long run :)