Thursday, March 19, 2009

I love tax returns

As you can tell, my life has been a little shitty lately. And I've been letting a lot of stuff get me down....because, well...I think we all have those moments. So, in an effort to brighten my blog, I am going to make a list of things that I am happy about!

1. I finally received all my W-2's a week ago and was able to file my tax return. Yeah, all employers are supposed to have them out by the end of January (right?) but I wasn't surprised at all that my previous waitressing job took its sweet time to send my my W-2. In any event, I filed my taxes today and will be getting a $1,200 refund! It was just what I needed to help with my unemployment bills.

2. Katie is coming to visit me this weekend! We lived together for all of my 3.5 years at Kansas State and is one of my best friends. She hasn't been down here to visit me since I moved here two years ago, so I am EXCITED. And she is staying here for FIVE whole days! We're going to New Orleans on Sunday for an afternoon of culture and a night of debauchery.

3. I have a very supportive boyfriend. He has been there for me these past 2.5 months of unemployment and has been my rock in so many ways. Even though he can drive me crazy at times and I always tell him that he has no feelings - he is great and I love him. :)
4. I am kicking ass right now on my first round picks for my NCAA Bracket. Maybe that is also because there haven't been any major upsets...so I am sure a lot of people are doing well with their picks.

5. I have the cutest dogs. I know its kind of gay, but they are like my kids. My kids who eat expensive things (ipods, phones, blu-ray dvds, shoes, etc.) and whom I can lock in a cage when I leave. Dogs love you unconditionally and are always thrilled to see you.

6. I am glad that I have a college education. Even though the economy sucks right now and my diploma seems like a worthless and very expensive piece of paper, it makes me feel good about myself. I am hoping that someday it will be worth the 40 grand that I spent to get it.

7. The weather here has been FANTASTIC lately. The entire month of February and March it has been in the 70's and 80's with lows in the upper 50's. I love living in the south.


1 comment:

kate sweeten said...

I think I need to move south, too...Kansas can't decide whether it's summer or winter right now, so we get snowstorms and a week worth of below zero temperatures followed by a random spurt of 80 degree afternoons. So confusing...I feel you on the dog thing - people (namely parents and grandparents) have started asking when Sam and I plan on having kids and I'm all "who needs kids? We have a dog."